This distribution is one of the reason I love Open Source. This live CD, CAELinux is a gold mine for students, researchers, colleges or anyone who wants to do Finite Element Analysis. CAELinux is Computer Aided Engineering Linux.
Some features of CAELinux
- Dedicated to CAE and more specifically to finite element simulation
- Includes the integrated 3D pre/post / FE solver package SALOME_MECA 2008 which represents the fusion of Salome v3.2.9 GUI and Code-Aster v9.2 finite element solver
- Offers a complete solution for CFD with OpenFOAM 1.4.1 , Gerris , Code-Saturne and Openflower solvers
- Contains several 2D & 3D CAD/pre/post packages: Paraview, Visit, OpenDX, Netgen, Tetgen, GMSH v2 (updated), Salome v.3.2.9 & QCad
- Includes other simulation softwares for multiphysics simulation: Elmer v5.3 (updated), Calculix v1.7, Tochnog, Impact (updated), MBDyn (updated)
- Offers several scientific tools like GNU Octave (+ Koctave GUI & Forge), R & Rkward, Scilab, wxMaxima and a full set of development tools / compilers.
Here checkout the screenshots.
CAELinux is based on PCLinuxOS and all the softwares are released under GPL so it’s all free 😀 . See Students now you don’t need to pay hefty licence fee for softwares like “Ansys” . Promote open Source Softwares by using it for free.